If you are operating a business within the motor trade, regardless of whether you have multiple locations or are a sole trader, you will require motor trade insurance to ensure your assets are covered, and you have protection in place for any persons who are involved in your business on a short-term or long-term basis.
Some of the most common claims against motor trade insurance policies include accidents, theft, vandalism, fire, public injury, defective work, goods in transit and many more. This is why it is imperative to cover yourself and your business, as you never know what is around the corner.
Motor trade insurance is ideal for the following business operations:
- Car Dealers - This includes businesses that buy and sell new or used cars, motorcycles, lorries, or vans.
- Garages or Service Stations - Businesses that offer repairs, maintenance, servicing, or MOT testing.
- Body Shops - Places that specialise in body repairs, paint jobs, or modifications.
- Tyre and Exhaust Fitters - Businesses that offer specialised services such as tyre replacement or exhaust installation, including mobile services.
- Trade Plate Holders - Individuals or businesses that often move unregistered vehicles between locations.
And many more, including car importers/exporters, restorers, breakers or salvage dealers, windscreen and glass repairers, car jockeys and audio installers, and customisation shops.