Trusted Provider of Motor Trade And Commercial Insurance

At Prime Cover, we understand the unique needs of businesses in the motor trade & commerical industry and have designed a range of insurance policies to protect your business from potential risks.

Request Callback

Simply fill out this quick form and we’ll get straight back in touch with you!

"*" indicates required fields

Quality Work Through Dedication

We believe in giving every customer the highest level of service and always aim to inform and educate you on your options with clarity that cuts through jargon and technical language. With over 40 years of experience in the industry amongst our senior management team, you can rest assured you’re in safe hands.

Friendly Staff

No-nonsense Insurance Advice Without the Jargon

We started the company to do just that – offer sensible, easy-to-understand help for business owners and their insurance needs. Clear and concise communication and honest and up-front advice every time.

  • Simple, clear process
  • Competitive pricing
  • 24/7 claims support

Motor Trade Road Risk Insurance

Anyone driving vehicles on the road for their business must have road risk insurance.

Motor Trade Combined Insurance

For road risk insurance combined with coverage for other risks on the same policy.

Recovery Truck Insurance

Operating in high-risk environments means getting your recovery truck insurance right is vital.

Motor Trade Insurance

Protecting your motor trade business with the right level of insurance, with third party protection all the way to comprehensive cover.

Trade Plate Insurance

Driving other people’s cars as part of your work means you need trade plate insurance.

Breakdown Recovery Insurance

Tailored policies for those that work in breakdown recovery, protecting your assets and customer vehicles while out on the road or at your business premises.

Part-Time Motor Trade Insurance

Motor trade insurance for those operating on a part-time basis, with bespoke policies that cover only what you need.

Can’t Find What You’re Looking For?

Get in touch to see if we can help you.

Our Customers Trust Us!

  • Mechanics

    Repairing vehicles will need mechanic insurance to cover the risk of damage to a customer’s property and the ability to test drive when necessary. Whether you’re a mobile mechanic, or working from a garage, you’ll need cover for your property, equipment and employees, and we can find it for you.

  • Vehicle Sales

    The ability to test drive a purchase for a customer can be the difference between making the sale or not, and insurance gives you the option. We understand the unique need for vehicle sales insurance for vehicle sales businesses and can find the perfect cover for you.

  • Valeters

    While taking care of your customer’s pride and joy, you want the security of knowing you’re covered if anything goes wrong. We offer comprehensive valeters insurance policies to protect your business, personal vehicles and customer’s property.

  • Body Repairs

    Repairing crash-damaged vehicles is precise work, that needs the utmost care, and we fully understand the risks involved with caring for customers’ vehicles. We can find the ideal policy to cover the risks you face in your business to give you peace of mind.

  • Self-Employed Workers

    When you work alone, you need to be supported by a bespoke self-employed insurance policy which will cover all elements of risk to protect your business. Whatever the nature of your business, you need the right level of coverage and we are confident we can find it for you.

  • Auto Electricians

    The wizards of the motor trade world, who understand how our mobile computers work, still need protection from the risks associated with their work. Taking care of customers’ cars and property, possibly driving them, operating in a public space and other activities all carry levels of risk that need auto electricians insurance coverage. 

What Level of Cover Do I Need?

There are three main levels of coverage for your vehicle’s insurance. The most basic Third Party Only (TPO) is a legal requirement of being able to drive on the roads in the UK, but other packages provide coverage for greater levels of protection.

  • Third Party

    This protects you from paying for damages to other people’s vehicles and property and is the most basic level of insurance.

  • Third Party, Fire and Theft

    TPFT covers all that a TPO level will, but also provides coverage against the damages of potential fire or theft of the vehicle.

  • Comprehensive

    An all-encompassing protection which covers your own vehicle and injuries to yourself as well as anyone else.

Trades We Cover

Related Articles

Image of motorway

5 Questions to Ask About Your Motor Trade Insurance

Finding the right motor trade insurance policy can be challenging due to the wide range ...
shutterstock 2290790179 1

Young Motor Traders’ Insurance Under 25

For young workers under 25 in the motor trade industry come various challenges when securing ...
motor dealer discussing insurance policies with the customer

Understanding How Motor Trade Insurance Works

If you work in the motor trade, you'll likely have been told you need motor ...
Women calculating motor trade insurance cost

How Much Does Motor Trade Insurance Cost?

Motor trade insurance costs will vary widely depending on factors such as the size of ...
cd57c9ba9dff81cf198a352cb065715f 1

Top Tips for Saving Money on Motor Trade Insurance Premiums

Introduction to Motor Trade Insurance Premiums Getting the right motor trade insurance policy is crucial, ...
Tow truck in traffic with silver car loaded

5 Key factors to consider when choosing motor trade insurance coverage

Motor trade insurance is an essential type of insurance for those in the business of ...
corporate employee calling

Navigating Motor Trade Insurance for New Start-Up Businesses in the UK

Looking to Start a New Motor Trade Business? If you're taking the plunge and establishing ...
Car dealer insurance Automobile Vehicles insurance

Setting Up a Home-Based Car Dealership: Your Ultimate Guide to Success in 2024

Introduction to Home-Based Car Dealerships If you're looking to get into the motor trade and ...
Mobile mechanic at work under car bonnet.

All You Need to Know About Part-Time Motor Trade Insurance

What is Part-Time Motor Trade Insurance? Part-time motor trade insurance is specifically designed for part-time ...
shutterstock 1429134893 1 1

Common Mistakes to Avoid with motor trade insurance

Motor Trade Insurance: The Prime Cover Difference This is where Prime Cover steps in, providing ...
Trades 2

Motor Trade Insurance and Private Insurance – What’s the difference?

Understanding Motor Trade Insurance Motor trade insurance is tailored specifically to those working in the ...
shutterstock 673436080 1

The Difference Between a Combined and Road Risk Only Motor Insurance Policy

An Introduction to Combined and Road Risk Only Policies In the UK, motor insurance coverage ...
shutterstock 2325742613

What is a Mobile Mechanic and Why Would They Need Insurance?

A mobile mechanic brings their tools, equipment and expertise directly to the customer's location - ...
4bb6dfa73ec0d67e760a1dba5e3abdb7 1

What Insurance Does Your Car Dealership Need? 

Prime Cover have over 40 years of combined experience ensuring motor trade businesses have the ...
Motor trade insurance

What is Motor Trade Insurance

Exploring Motor Trade Insurance - Simple Guide Motor trade insurance differs from standard car insurance ...