As a baseline, motor trade insurance will allow you to legally drive your work vehicle on the road for business purposes.
Aside from this, one of the other key benefits of motor trade insurance is that it can be scaled to any level you need, to include protection for all aspects of your business, and provide you with complete peace of mind.
You can add a huge range of extras to your policy, including:
- Sales and service indemnity
- Loss of your MOT licence
- Cover the costs of engineering inspections
- Directors' and officers' insurance (to cover any claims made against you)
- Tool and equipment cover
- Protection for stock kept at your premises
- Employer's liability insurance
- Garage insurance
- Trade plate cover
With the addition of extra features, you can work with your insurer to build a policy that covers all the aspects of your business, protecting your hard-won progress from unexpected events like theft, vandalism, accidents and extreme weather.